Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#12333 by trix
Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:18 pm
I have Premier. It would be a very good feature if I could call forward the number I have associated with the Hub....and not call forward the number associated with the Scout. Is that something that is in the works...and if so, when do you expect to have that available?

What about separate answering machine messages for each number?

Thanks
#12337 by WayneDsr
Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:38 pm
If you have one number associated with the hub and one associated with the scout, you should be able to log into the Lounge and have separate accounts per phone number.

Wayne
#12340 by trix
Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:02 pm
Is that for the call forwarding or just the answering message?

I just set up separate answering messages...so that part got answered.

It appears that only a number can be entered to forward calls to and it doesn't separate from which numbers.
#12352 by bw1
Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:17 pm
Once you assign a device for personal use, you can create a private account in the ooma Lounge to hear your personal voice messages. If you do not assign devices for personal use, they will be "shared." All phone numbers assigned to your shared devices will ring and leave voicemail in your primary Lounge account.

I haven't tried it, but as far as I know, after you assign a device you can sign in to the lounge with the second number and set up everything separately, including call forward/multi-ring.
#12743 by trix
Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:52 am
It took me a while to realize I had to sign in under each number separately to view call logs, blacklisting....and call forwarding.

Thank you all. I have a hard head sometimes. It sure seems like it would have been easier to set it up so you can control each number separately but with only logging in once under either number. But maybe it is cleaner this was....separate accounts. When both my numbers were in the shared number sections then I saw both numbers in the call logs...at least I think that was how it was.
#13199 by allamoe18
Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:56 pm

It appears that only a number can be entered to forward calls to and it doesn't separate from which numbers.

I had to call into Technical Support and they manually helped me call forward to my cell phone on one number and leave my other number alone. I find that a lot of the controls isn't in the lounge and I have to call into Technical Support to get it activated. Another example of this is when I ported my second line to my OOMA and became a premiere, it automatically changed my main number to the new ported number. I had to call Technical Support to change my old number back to the HUB and turn my newly ported number to the SCOUT. Anyway, I think OOMA really need to do a better job on on the LOUNGE.
#13205 by bw1
Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:45 am
allamoe18 wrote:

I had to call into Technical Support and they manually helped me call forward to my cell phone on one number and leave my other number alone. I find that a lot of the controls isn't in the lounge and I have to call into Technical Support to get it activated.

You don't have to call support for this. You can separate the 2 numbers using the lounge as long as you have a scout available.

See here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1871&p=12355#p12355
#13418 by allamoe18
Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:53 pm
Its really weird that you have two logins to manage a single account with two numbers. What's weird is that the second account doesn't show any call logs or anything. I think OOMA really needs to revamp its lounge to make it more user friendly for folks with 2 lines and want to use its advanced features.