Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#10109 by rodstree
Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 pm
I can change the ring pattern on my first number but am unable to change the pattern on the second number. I would like to keep the standard ring on the first line and use an odd-ball ring for the fax. Any one else have this problem?
Thanks
Rod
#10126 by WayneDsr
Fri May 22, 2009 7:18 am
I believe at this time the only way to do it is to assign one number to the scout. Then you will have 2 log-ins in the lounge.

Wayne
#10234 by unit321
Sun May 24, 2009 1:00 pm
I had (and still have) the exact same problem, where I can't change the ring pattern on my second number. There's obviously some account setting that is messed up.

I ended up calling Support and they changed the pattern for me. Since I don't plan on changing it again, that was good enough for me, and I didn't open a Support ticket for the problem.
#10274 by jmassimilla
Mon May 25, 2009 5:38 pm
My second number is a dedicated number assigned to a scout and I'm able to log into the lounge under that number and change its ring pattern. I've found that it takes up to 5 minutes to take effect after saving the change.
#10277 by lutefisk
Mon May 25, 2009 8:41 pm
Not sure what I have done differently, but I have two numbers (neither assigned to the scout) and was able to change the ring pattern for both.
#10285 by WayneDsr
Tue May 26, 2009 7:49 am
But can you have 2 different ring patterns, a different one for each number? I believe that's what he's trying to do.

Wayne
#10291 by jmassimilla
Tue May 26, 2009 10:01 am
I do have 2 different ring patterns but my second number is assigned to a scout. Not sure if you can do this with 2 shared numbers, but I'm guessing you can't.
#10292 by Bobby B
Tue May 26, 2009 10:29 am
You should be able to configure distinct ring patterns for any number (see screenshot).

I think the second phone number is failing to update because there was an ampersand (e.g. "X & Y Last") in your caller-ID name. This is a known bug that we should be fixing soon. I went ahead and updated your caller-ID name to exclude the ampersand, so now you should be able to update it yourself.

Thanks,
Bobby
Attachments
shared_devices.gif
shared_devices.gif (10.1 KiB) Viewed 5177 times
#10359 by lutefisk
Wed May 27, 2009 10:07 am
WayneDsr wrote:But can you have 2 different ring patterns, a different one for each number? I believe that's what he's trying to do.

Wayne

Seems like Bobby straightened this out, but either way...

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, I meant 2 different ring patterns. One rings standard and the other 2 longs.