Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#8936 by Leeway
Sat May 02, 2009 8:07 pm
I am still in porting process so I have no clue what the Ooma message will say.

I have my phone set to 4 rings and it has an answering system. I have the Ooma set to 6 rings. But if I turn my answering machine off and call here I am still being directed to the Callvantage recorder because I am in the midst of porting. So the Callvantage answering machine is picking them up.

I haven't found a way here to listen to it or even to record my own message which I could do on AT&T Callvantage. I just wanna know what it will say.

Thanks, Donna
#8937 by WayneDsr
Sat May 02, 2009 8:32 pm
You should be able to press the > forward arrow on the ooma hub and hear the voice mail announcement over the ooma speaker. You should have done this in order to enable your ooma voicemail. It will direct you in adding your pin number.

Make sure the volume control on the left side is turned up.

Wayne
#8938 by Leeway
Sat May 02, 2009 9:02 pm
Thanks Wayne, I went and pushed the forward and I heard a welcome from Ooma message and that's it...

I never set anything up except to activate the Ooma hub and I don't have a pin either. It didn't ask me to do anything.

I do NOT have any phone connected to the hub. Only to the U-verse gateway and then into the wall. I have cordless base in another room and all the others are just cordless handsets.

So, if I had messages at Ooma, which I don't because my phone grabs them first or else on a flash they are staying with Callvantage until ported.

I guess I can only listen to messages but what I wanted to hear what the "greeting to leave a message". I guess I'll just have to wait until the porting is over, turn off my phone answering and call myself. <g>

I don't think I can use the hub to answer a live calll either since I have no phone connected to it but I hadn't even thought to try that.

Donna
#8958 by murphy
Sun May 03, 2009 2:43 am
If you don't have a phone connected to the phone port on the ooma hub, you are not using ooma for anything.
#8965 by WayneDsr
Sun May 03, 2009 6:13 am
I have no idea why there's no phone on the hub, but connect one.
Turn the phone on and press the > forward button on the hub.
You will hear the voicemail lady and she will give you the menu. Change settings will get you through to hear the greeting.

The very first voicemail from ooma should walk you through setting up a pin, so you can get your voicemail remotely.

Wayne