Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#94119 by cmlyon
Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:42 pm
Wondering if anyone else has this issue:

My Ooma is down due to the Ooma hub not staying powered on. When I went up to find out why there's no dial tone the unit looked off, I unplugged and plugged it in many times. The lights come on, the button flash, then about 45 seconds into this the lights go out again,...and then nothing (no dial tone, no lights).

It looks like it's broken and I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of what I purchased. I have own this about 2 years and not once have I even pressed the buttons on this unit (as it's far way upstairs and I don't access my voice-mail on it). I had Vonage for well over 5 years before Ooma and not once did their equipment break on me, and the equipment fee was obviously a lot less with Vonage.

From searching on this forum looks like I might have to send it in to Ooma for repair. And ideas on how much this costs?
#94120 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:26 am
cmlyon wrote:Wondering if anyone else has this issue:

My Ooma is down due to the Ooma hub not staying powered on. When I went up to find out why there's no dial tone the unit looked off, I unplugged and plugged it in many times. The lights come on, the button flash, then about 45 seconds into this the lights go out again,...and then nothing (no dial tone, no lights).

It looks like it's broken and I'm pretty disappointed in the quality of what I purchased. I have own this about 2 years and not once have I even pressed the buttons on this unit (as it's far way upstairs and I don't access my voice-mail on it). I had Vonage for well over 5 years before Ooma and not once did their equipment break on me, and the equipment fee was obviously a lot less with Vonage.

From searching on this forum looks like I might have to send it in to Ooma for repair. And ideas on how much this costs?
:shock:
The Ooma Hub and Telo are considered "throw away units", no repair.

First:
Try using and testing with another power adapter cord.
Ooma Hub and Scout power adapter cord output values:
Ooma Hub 12 VDC, 1.2A
Ooma Scout 5 VDC, 2A

Ooma Telo power adapter cord output values:
Ooma Telo 5 VDC, 2A

Next if that doesn't work:
Try plugging in your Ooma Hub into a different home power outlet and test.

Next if that doesn't work:
Do the Hub factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.

After the factory reset is completed, any Ooma Setup settings, that you previously entered, such as MAC address, or Quality of Service, will have to be re-entered.
#94121 by murphy
Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:52 am
When a hub goes online the only light that is lit is the tab at the back of the unit. It turns blue. It can be turned off with the light intensity dial on the side of the unit. Connect a phone directly to the Phone jack on the unit to test for dial tone to verify that you don't have a house wiring problem.
#94125 by lbmofo
Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:06 am
murphy wrote:When a hub goes online the only light that is lit is the tab at the back of the unit. It turns blue. It can be turned off with the light intensity dial on the side of the unit.

On a side note, I've seen a Hub that seems to have only 2 intensity settings for the blue tab. Hi & low intensity but can't be turned off. Anyone else seen this?