Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#90088 by sean.parmelee
Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:20 am
Has anybody successfully set up Ooma Premier's Google Voice Extensions with a Google Voice account that has 2-step verification enabled? I cannot get Ooma to access my Google Voice account using either my Google password and an application-specific password that I generated. In both cases, I receive this error: "We had a problem logging into your account with those credentials. Please try again."
#91611 by lbmofo
Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 am
Yeah, I think improvements in GV account authentication & pulling in Google Voice # is needed hence for sure coming.
This step is needed only during the Ooma GVE setup process so that Ooma has assurance that a GV # is yours before you choose to spoof outgoing callerid using that GV #.
#92529 by krisrmgua
Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:55 pm
I was having this same problem, called support which was no help but found the issue my self... This may not work for everyone but for those with special characters in there password. I found that Ooma's site does not seem to pass the password over to google correctly if your password contains certain special characters such as @ ! ect... So i changed my password with google to not contain those charecgters and then did the setup and WALA! It worked. Hope this helps others.
#94758 by benbennett
Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:16 am
Nope . I am a software engineer by trade and the ooma google voice is broken in two spots.

1) Not working correctly if you have special characters. They should just use http://api.jquery.com/serialize/ but are screwing around with there own way of encoding items.

2) Doesn't work with 2 factor authentication. They are logging in some how to the main google web site like a browser which google now rejects.