Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#88899 by lynneblack
Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:54 am
I have tried at least a dozen times to disable privacy settings, for reasons too complex to explain here, they simply do not work for me. Every time I turn them off, they revert to either 'medium' or 'custom' and this 'feature setup progress bar' reverts from 83% to 63% when I turn them off.
1) what do I have to do to keep privacy settings OFF
2) why do I have to be spammed to finish my feature setup when the only way to complete it is to put $10 on my account that I can guarantee you I will never use?

I really hope I get a response, I tried calling customer service about the privacy settings twice and they just acted like I was crazy and said they had never heard of it before.
#88902 by murphy
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:32 am
Try this:
Configure your account so it starts at the call log or voice mail instead of the dashboard when you log in.
Set your privacy settings manually.
Never visit the dashboard page again.
#88907 by 2spirit
Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:18 pm
Follow Murphy's advice. In my experience, every time I touched the slider bar in the Dashboard, preferences that I had previously checked in order to activate them, would become unchecked (Disabled). I don't even look at the Dashboard anymore.