Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#88396 by pjh
Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:09 pm
The Scout in my office was working fine . . . then I noticed that the light had turned from blue to red. I unplugged it, then plugged it back in. The two top lights turned red, then the two middle lights went red, then the bottom four went red and stayed red. Can't seem to get a blue light back, even though I've restarted it and disconnected/connected the cables several times.

The Hub in another room (on a different line) is still blue and works fine.

Any suggestions???
#88397 by thunderbird
Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:14 pm
pjh wrote:The Scout in my office was working fine . . . then I noticed that the light had turned from blue to red. I unplugged it, then plugged it back in. The two top lights turned red, then the two middle lights went red, then the bottom four went red and stayed red. Can't seem to get a blue light back, even though I've restarted it and disconnected/connected the cables several times.

The Hub in another room (on a different line) is still blue and works fine.

Any suggestions???

See the following Topic:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12595&p=88149&hilit=scout+red#p88149
#88403 by pjh
Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:20 pm
Thanks for the link.

The Scout did work (blue light) when connected to the Hub. In the previous article it said if that was the case, there was a wiring problem. So where do I start to solve that problem?? I tried using different cables to hook to the wall and to the phone, so are we talking about internal wiring somewhere???
#88420 by murphy
Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:06 am
pjh wrote:Thanks for the link.

The Scout did work (blue light) when connected to the Hub. In the previous article it said if that was the case, there was a wiring problem. So where do I start to solve that problem?? I tried using different cables to hook to the wall and to the phone, so are we talking about internal wiring somewhere???

The wire from the Hub's wall jack to the building's wall jack.
The wire from the Scout's wall jack to the building's wall jack.
The wire in the building's walls between the two building wall jacks.
That connection must not have a DSL signal on it.