Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#84976 by mcall008
Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:16 pm
Bought the Ooma Telo today and hooked it up. I can dial out fine, but all attempts to dial my own Ooma number results in an (understandably) irritated lady picking up. It seems Ooma has assigned me a number already in use. Can anybody offer any advice? The customer support line states I have reached them outside of their regular business hours.

Thanks
#84977 by lbmofo
Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:26 pm
You have gotten a bad number from the assignment pool. The number belongs to someone else but for some reason, it was available in the number pool for you to obtain. No worries. You can get another number assigned by going here https://my.ooma.com/phone_numbers and add a new number. The support line should be open until 5PM PST today. 1-888-711-OOMA (6662). You can call them to make your 2nd number the primary and get rid of the bad number from your account. Welcome to Ooma by the way. :) BTW, pick a number that seem to belong. Last time this same thing happened to my friend, he picked an odd ball number that looked out of place :)