Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#78986 by JohnF
Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:15 pm
I purchased a handset, registered it, and in MyOoma added the handset and associated the second number with the handset. When adding the handset, there was a screen to enter and confirm a password, which I did.

On the handset, I hit the Mail button to configure the voicemail for the second number. I was told by CSR that to see that voicemail folder, I needed to log in to My Ooma using the second number. When I tried to do this using the password for the second number (which is the same as the password that I use for the primary number), the system will not allow me to log in. I can only log in using the primary number.

Is there something else I need to do?

---------------------------------------------

Another question. System thinks I need to set up a second number for the handset. I have a total of two numbers, one for the Telo base unit, the other one for the handset. I don't need a third one and pay more, but the Dashboard shows 80% complete, that I still need to set up a second number. Is there anyway that 80% can be changed or at least delete that box on the Dashboard?

Thanks.
#78993 by thunderbird
Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:29 pm
JohnF:

Having never tested logging in to My Ooma login either/both numbers, I just tried. I can log in using either phone number with the same password.

Maybe you could wake something up in you My Ooma by changing your password and test test again. If the password change does work, than change your password back to the one you perfer.

If the password change doesn't work, you have to contact:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

There's some "bug" in the system that always seems to have your Dashboard show "Dashboard shows 80% complete". I've completed mine serveal times and than a day or two later it shows 80 Percent again.....
#78996 by EA PA
Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:54 pm
thunderbird wrote:
There's some "bug" in the system that always seems to have your Dashboard show "Dashboard shows 80% complete". I've completed mine serveal times and than a day or two later it shows 80 Percent again.....

I have found that if I re-enter the open preference 2 or 3 times, then it then saves to 100% and stays set. I believe it was Privacy Enhancements that was the bad player in my case.
#78997 by lbmofo
Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:05 pm
The wizard sets stuff for you so once the wizard completes, make sure to comb your settings over to readjust to what you want.