Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
#72971 by bridges86406
Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:22 pm
Now that I can edit my contacts online, it does not appear that they are syncing with my phone. I went in and changed the nickname of some of my accounts, however when I sync to my phone. These names still come up under FirstName LastName instead of the Nickname? Anyone else having this problem?
#72976 by watchdog
Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:46 pm
bridges86406 wrote:Now that I can edit my contacts online, it does not appear that they are syncing with my phone. I went in and changed the nickname of some of my accounts, however when I sync to my phone. These names still come up under FirstName LastName instead of the Nickname? Anyone else having this problem?

Try this:
Completely delete the contact, name, number and everything.
To do this go to your contacts and put a check mark in the box next to the contact you want to delete.
Then click on the word "More" above then click on "Delete"

Then click on the word "Add" above to create a new contact and put in the First and Last name and the Display name you want to show up.
Don't forget to put the phone number back in also for the contact.
After you have created the new contact, Sync your contacts again.

This should work for what you're trying to do.
It seems just editing a Display name don't work, but if you delete the contact completely and start from scratch and put all the info in at once, it will do the trick.