Ooma Mobile call drops on receiving cellular call

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
eYeks

Ooma Mobile call drops on receiving cellular call

Post by eYeks » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:14 pm

A call on the Ooma iPhone app was dropped unceremoniously when a cellular call came in. Is this normal behavior?

The interrupted call did not even register in the call log history - call had to be redialed from the contact.

Anyone else see this behavior?
\eYeks

Production: Ooma Hub -> KX-TG7745M + 5 handsets; Ooma Scout -> KX-TG9341T + 5 handsets
Beta: Ooma Telo + 2 handsets with Google Voice

lbmofo

Re: Ooma Mobile call drops on receiving cellular call

Post by lbmofo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Incoming cell call must be ignored right away and bring ooma app back to the foreground quickly, otherwise, ooma call may drop.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

gail

Re: Ooma Mobile call drops on receiving cellular call

Post by gail » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:57 am

I am a new ooma Hub owner who intends to use ooma in conjunction with an iPhone (that is the plan). However, after buying my ooma Hub I noticed that at least one major competitor for ooma Mobile sells a system which does not drop it's call when a cellular call arrives on the iPhone. It seems to me that this is what I would want to happen and that any other behavior would be unworkable.

I will wait and see whether ooma Mobile adds this capability soon (to put a call on hold when a cellular call comes in), otherwise I will need to go with the competition...which I prefer not to have to do. And let me also say that if I cannot use ooma Mobile, I will not need Premier.