Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#68187 by wristwatch
Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:53 pm
Install firmware update that will allow the RJ11 Wall port on the telo unit to be used as a second RJ11 Phone port so that another cordless base unit can be hooked up as a sort of instant second line for Premiere subscribers. This feature could be turned on in 'My Ooma' so as not to interfere with the telo units of other customers that need to use the 'Wall' port as a 'Wall' port. Don't know if this is possible to do with existing hardware by tweaking the firmware but something similar to this is available for RJ45 network ports on other devices (see below).

I know something like this exists with the RJ45 ports on Linksys WRT54GL routers running third party firmware (don't remember which one maybe tomato or dd-wrt). These routers can have their RJ45 Internet/WAN port be configured in firmware to run as 5th RJ45 Switched port for the 4-port switch.
#69559 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:42 pm
Use Wall Port on Telo as Phone Port for Second Line.
I’m for this suggestion. In a lot of ways the second line isn’t as useful as it could be. In our home the second port would be connected to our home’s in-wall wiring, phones and fax machine, while the first port is connected to our wireless handsets.
#72759 by monkmanusa
Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:53 pm
Bingo.
This would work as well - see the other post regarding "Give us "True" second line.
Similar request - but uses the "four" wires on the phone jack to provide two line. Just adding to the argument that we "need" true second line - coming out the "wall" port would work also.
#72773 by EricJRW
Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:42 pm
I wonder if the hardware can even support this? If the hardware isn't there, it can't be done. I'm getting this vibe that the hub (and scout) support line 1 & 2 on the RJ11.
#72788 by murphy
Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:40 am
EricJRW wrote:I wonder if the hardware can even support this? If the hardware isn't there, it can't be done. I'm getting this vibe that the hub (and scout) support line 1 & 2 on the RJ11.

The hub and scout support one phone line on their phone connectors. The line 2 pins are not connected to anything.
#73182 by EricJRW
Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 pm
murphy wrote:
EricJRW wrote:I wonder if the hardware can even support this? If the hardware isn't there, it can't be done. I'm getting this vibe that the hub (and scout) support line 1 & 2 on the RJ11.

The hub and scout support one phone line on their phone connectors. The line 2 pins are not connected to anything.

So neither hub, scout or telo support 2 lines on the jack? Just wanted to be clear. Thanks.

I think the idea of using a splitter/combiner, to take a line from each a hub and a scout, and run it into a 2-line phone is a good one. I have also seen phones that support "L1+L2" on on jack and "L2" on another, so even if you don't have both lines on one plug, you can easily hook up two lines. I'll also mention that if you have multi-lines in your house wiring, the hub and scout, and for that matter the phone, need not be co-located (I can elaborate if needed).

PS. Did I get plug and jack reversed? I'm over thinking this.