Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67793 by scots
Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:59 pm
I'd like to see the Personal Blacklist updated/improved to allow one of the following:

A) Allow assigning of actions to numbers on an individual basis rather than to the list as a whole.

or

B) Setup of groups, add phone numbers to the different groups, and assign different actions to the groups.

Every VoIP provider I've used in the past which had a blacklist feature worked like option A, so I know it's possible. This allows some callers to be sent directly to voicemail, some to get a "disconnect" message, some to get a blocked message, and some to get a continuous ring rather than every caller on the blacklist getting the same action. Ooma is the only VoIP provider I've ever used which assigns a "blanket" action to all numbers on the blacklist.

I'd like to assign different actions to different callers, and it's impossible to do so with the way the blacklist feature currently works...so I just assign a disconnect message and have the numbers I want to get that on the list, and have to put up with calls from numbers I don't want to get that message.
#67931 by calkid4ever
Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:42 pm
I agree with scots. Either option would be okay for me.

scots wrote:I'd like to see the Personal Blacklist updated/improved to allow one of the following:

A) Allow assigning of actions to numbers on an individual basis rather than to the list as a whole.

or

B) Setup of groups, add phone numbers to the different groups, and assign different actions to the groups.

Every VoIP provider I've used in the past which had a blacklist feature worked like option A, so I know it's possible. This allows some callers to be sent directly to voicemail, some to get a "disconnect" message, some to get a blocked message, and some to get a continuous ring rather than every caller on the blacklist getting the same action. Ooma is the only VoIP provider I've ever used which assigns a "blanket" action to all numbers on the blacklist.

I'd like to assign different actions to different callers, and it's impossible to do so with the way the blacklist feature currently works...so I just assign a disconnect message and have the numbers I want to get that on the list, and have to put up with calls from numbers I don't want to get that message.