Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67302 by Trinimd
Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:31 pm
I just installed my 3rd Ooma Device for a family member and they all have one flaw...The power adapter.

The adapter on all 3 OOMA telos I have installed have short stubs that fall out very easy.

Why did ooma go with this odd shape design?

Pray and hope that you don't bump the ooma while on your desk and the plug falls out. No calls until you realize there is no power.

My Walmart $4 dollar alarm clock has a proper adapter plug and its $4 DOLLARS!

Save the money from the packaging and the fancy flat internet wire and give us a secure Power plug that we can plug it in and rely on it! :D
#67335 by Trinimd
Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:55 am
I am referring to the other end of the adapter. The part that goes into the ooma device.
#67337 by lbmofo
Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:57 am
Trinimd wrote:I am referring to the other end of the adapter. The part that goes into the ooma device.

oops :P
#67345 by lbmofo
Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:41 am
DickRhoads wrote:You might try first just taking a sharp knife and cut around the plug to remove about 1/8 " of the black insulation.
(that's what had been done to the replacement power supply that I received...). :-)

Edit: Wait, ... reading your note more carefully:
And/or position the plug so instead of pointing at the USB connection it goes just over top of the LAN cables.
That's how mine is routed (after it has been trimmed), and no problems.
Last edited by lbmofo on Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
#67363 by huggybear
Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:39 pm
Ok, there would be No way I would ever expect to take a sharp knife & "cut around" anything on any part of my Ooma.
To me that has to be a defect.
#68148 by Quicksprj
Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:55 pm
You may want to call ooma and let them know you have a short one and they may send you a new one that is longer. If that doesn't work you may just tape it but I know that's sort of ghetto.