Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67524 by southsound
Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:57 am
cmeisel wrote:I believe the ooma support is actually not in the Philipines but Canada.

Two reasons why I feel this is not the case:

1. We have been told that first line support is in Manila. Unless there has been an expansion of Canada's geographic footprint, I believe that Manila is still the capital city of the Republic of the Philippines.

2. On may calls to tech support, I have never heard the support person say, "Give that a try, eh?" I have been told that it is a misdemeanor in some provinces to end a sentance any other way. :P
#67531 by cmeisel
Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:02 pm
They may have support in manila but they at least did have a Canada presence (same building we have our support team at).
But that's it all besides the point. Who cares where it is. The quality of the support team has nothing to do with location. A team in the US would not be any better than a team anywhere else.
Ooma support seems to lack some good training and better tools to assist people. And, you get what you pay for.
If you want a good support team (doesn't matter where) you pay a lot of money.
If you pay less you get less.