Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67299 by Trinimd
Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:22 pm
Promotion: Refer a Friend receive a telo handset

I have referred a friend using Referral Code: 3KUH9525. . The person purchased the ooma device from OOMA.com around Oct 18th. At the time of purchase up to yesterday (Oct 20th 2010 the status of the code (found at my account-> Refer a friend) said Redeemed. Today however it says UNUSED. I spoke with my friend and he stated that the ooma is scheduled to be delivered to his house on Friday.

I was on the phone with customer support for 83 minutes and 42 seconds, just trying to explain to them about the status change. I gave up when she came back with the answer of "The Ipad sweepstakes is available for all emails you refer." I was then given an incident number of 101018000923 and transferred to sales.

I am very frustrated with the support I received, and the time I have spent on this one referral.
The phone support representatives are not listening to the consumers problems. This is the not the first time I have had problems with them. The woman did not even know how to find the refer a friend tab in the my ooma account! :-(

Can you please help.

thanks
#67336 by Trinimd
Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:56 am
Yes I was able to send a message to customer support.

I hope everything went ok.
#67447 by gjwhitehorn
Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:56 pm
I had a similarly poor experience today activating my device. Using the tool on their site to get a new phone number, all the exchange numbers I could think of in my city said no numbers were available. I thought it would be nice if I could just give it an area code and see all the cities / exchanges available and pick one that way -- but anyway, I decided I'd call support and have them tell me what was available since the site couldn't do it. (Turns out they have no exchanges available in my [fairly populous] area code, so I got her to tell me one from a nearby area code, and I entered it on the site.)

The girl I talked to was hard to understand at times, and at times she didn't understand me. It took me way longer than necessary for a question as simple as mine.

I've had at&t reps from India who were better at English than this person. I had higher hopes about Ooma support; hopefully it will get better since they are kind of a new company.
#67514 by nn5i
Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:01 am
lbmofo wrote:If your friend bought using the referral code, then all should be fine.

All should be fine, all the time, everywhere. But sometimes there are things that aren't fine, eh? One of them is Ooma's customer support.
#67519 by cmeisel
Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:00 am
The location of the support department has nothing to do with the quality of the support. That is a training problem. They are as good as their training and as "specialized" as you pay them. No matter where they are.
I believe the ooma support is actually not in the Philipines but Canada.