Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#67088 by cmeisel
Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:12 pm
I asked this before but nobody from Ooma had any comments.
You started selling a $9.99 1.0 beta version of the ooma iphone app (great start but it is certainly a 1.0 at best)
This was 3 month and 23 days ago (115 days) and there still has been no comments, no updates, nothing.
During the same time Fringe (free app) updated their app 4 times already, Skype (free app) updated their app only two times.

I said this before. I work for a software company myself and I am fully aware of pressures to release, the pain of multiple releases, etc.
But to offer an app, charge a relatively high price for it ($9.99 plus premium member plus extra if more minutes are needed and international) and to not update it for almost 4 months is not acceptable for any company especially not one that tried to gain market shares and establish themselves as a market leader.

When the app did not work support asked me to contact apple. So there is not just no development support but also almost no knowledge of the support team on how to support the app.

I am asking again, when do you plan to update this app ?

I hope you will re-consider how you treat this app and the customers. Long development cycles (and you have them for the telo as well) and little communication in between is not a good practice. You can do this when you are well establish and a true leader but Ooma is not (yet).

thanks
#67355 by bbmex63
Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:06 am
Bump

I'm interested as well. Ooma, stop ignoring the question. iPhone app update is long overdue.

Some companies, Interspire, post development roadmaps for features they're currently working on. I could see a similar system helping your team improve communication with your users. Has your team ever considered making a tracker/roadmap?

Link: https://track.interspire.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa
#67443 by cmeisel
Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:16 pm
Don't hold your breath on hoping to get an answer. No answer is an answer. There seems to be little to no interest to communicate with customers and as long as the majority of users don't mind that it will not change. I am upset to pay $10 and get no updates in month but it appears other ooma users don't care.
#68276 by gail
Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 am
I, too, am interested in the iPhone app...in fact, it is a big part of the reason I purchased my ooma Hub two weeks ago. I assumed that ooma mobile would soon be competitive with [ ]. I don't see any reason to purchase Premier if other companies offer more advanced features for coordinating/interacting with an iPhone.