Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#66194 by Dart2345
Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:30 pm
I am very unhappy to discover that area code 623 is not currently available and customer service doesn't know when or if it ever will be. OOMA advertises that the OOMA Premier phone system is great for snowbirds - people with a winter home and want to have two phone numbers. This sounds good and it's a primary reason that I recently purchased OOMA. The 623 area code is in the Phoenix area and includes Sun City, Sun City West and Sun City Grand along with adjacent areas. These areas are prime retirement communities where a very large number of people have winter homes !!! Why does'nt OOMA have number availability in this area code? I think OOMA's blanket snowbird advertising is deceptive.
#66463 by Dart2345
Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:04 pm
Thanks for this work-around tip. I'll give it a try. I don't understand why OOMA doesn't have number availability in the 623 area code. There are many potential snowbird customers in this area code location.
#66472 by lbmofo
Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:52 pm
You can still submit your request to get a number in that area code via Ooma. Sometimes the turnaround is quick, sometimes not is what I heard.
#66959 by fonfellow
Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:26 pm
Spiff wrote:But why not just use 602 or 480? Both would be local calls to/from 623.

Right - all 3 area codes are covered in the Phoenix Metro Local Calling Area.
#66969 by Dart2345
Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 pm
Yes - I'm aware that the 602 and 480 area codes are in the greater Phoenix toll free calling zone. However, I want a 623 area code since the people I usually communicate with have 623 numbers and it's just easier for all concerned. I now have a free Google Voice 623 number that is forwarded to my primary OOMA number and it works fine. Thanks for all the responses to my original post.