Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#64831 by TEX
Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:27 am
I was in the same boat as other Comcast phone service customers, I could call out on my new installed Ooma, but, could not recieve calls. I, finally, talked to a CS manager who advise me to also plug in a phone to my Comcast modem so I could receive calls on my old number while I wait for the port to complete. I was given a temp Ooma number that my "main" phone is plugged into and told to keep them both plugged in so I could use the Ooma connected phone, "get used to
it and moniter it's performance". Good idea.

So, I' now a happy Ooma camper:)
#64843 by Groundhound
Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:36 pm
You can have your Comcast number forwarded for inbound calls to your Ooma number while you are evaluating Ooma's service, that way you don't need to keep a separate phone connected to your Comcast modem.
#64845 by highq
Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:15 pm
2813625408 wrote:So, I'm now a happy Ooma camper:)

Welcome to the Forum!
I suggest you could remain as happy as you now say you are if you take the trouble to call Ooma's Customer Service and ask to change the login you are using here. Using your phone number as your user name is just a putting out a spam magnet.