Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#64654 by cherie
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:38 am
I hoped to make a seamless transition from ATT to Ooma, and after LOTS of reading in the Forums, I thought I had finally figured out the best way to do it. Sadly, Ooma really dropped the ball and now I expect to be without phone or internet for 2-3 days.

I scheduled the port on 8/27 and had not heard anything from Ooma by 9/10, so I decided to check the status online. Online showed a port date of 9/15. I was shocked that I had not been contacted by Ooma, at least via email, to let me know the port had been scheduled.

I immediatedly contacted ATT and was told the earliest they could do a Direct DSL or Dry Loop would be 9/17.

Ooma's options for me were 1) cancel and reschedule the port--which would mean waiting another 3 weeks or 2) pay a fee for moving the date. I did not want to do either. I requested 1 month of Premiere Service so I could transfer calls and was not able to get that either, so I just paid for it myself to ensure I at least don't miss phone calls.

All of this could have been prevented if Ooma had just sent me an email!
#64656 by lbmofo
Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 am
I would have opted to let the port go through and live without DSL for a day or 2. Once you lose DSL after port done, just call AT&T and have them turn DSL back on. No need to have them come out or anything; they can turn it on remotely.
#64668 by Bobby B
Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:00 pm
Sorry about the lack of e-mails on the porting status. You were supposed to be getting automated e-mails as your port progresses, so you can be notified when to check out the port status page. It looks like these weren't being sent for the past couple weeks. We're taking a look to see why they weren't being sent.