What are differences between OOMA HUB and OOMA TELO units

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
southsound

Re: What are differences between OOMA HUB and OOMA TELO units

Post by southsound » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:44 am

huynhl wrote:I don't see a very good deal there, the break even is 12 months, that means you pay for the service 12 months in advance, and if ooma hardware failure for a little more than 12 months period, like 13 months, 15 months then you have to buy another unit ooma for $250, you are the loser.
I am not sure that the thousands of ooma users who are very happy with their investment would agree that the system is not a good deal. But like I said, your mileage may vary. ooma is not for everyone - but if you find it to be an attractive alternative to high telco phone bills, great. If not, then there are lots of other options out there. We can't - and won't attempt - to make the decision for you. As far as the risks - everything in life comes with risks. You just need to balance the potential benefit with your tollerance for risk. Many of us feel we made a great decision.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

lbmofo

Re: What are differences between OOMA HUB and OOMA TELO units

Post by lbmofo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:24 am

huynhl wrote:I don't see a very good deal there, the break even is 12 months, that means you pay for the service 12 months in advance, and if ooma hardware failure for a little more than 12 months period, like 13 months, 15 months then you have to buy another unit ooma for $250, you are the loser.
Would you rather spend $300 every year (what you are doing with your other service for $25/month) or spend $250 on a ooma and then for as long as the ooma device works, not paying that $25 anymore?
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!