Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#65493 by southsound
Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:44 am
huynhl wrote:I don't see a very good deal there, the break even is 12 months, that means you pay for the service 12 months in advance, and if ooma hardware failure for a little more than 12 months period, like 13 months, 15 months then you have to buy another unit ooma for $250, you are the loser.

I am not sure that the thousands of ooma users who are very happy with their investment would agree that the system is not a good deal. But like I said, your mileage may vary. ooma is not for everyone - but if you find it to be an attractive alternative to high telco phone bills, great. If not, then there are lots of other options out there. We can't - and won't attempt - to make the decision for you. As far as the risks - everything in life comes with risks. You just need to balance the potential benefit with your tollerance for risk. Many of us feel we made a great decision.
#65523 by lbmofo
Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:24 am
huynhl wrote:I don't see a very good deal there, the break even is 12 months, that means you pay for the service 12 months in advance, and if ooma hardware failure for a little more than 12 months period, like 13 months, 15 months then you have to buy another unit ooma for $250, you are the loser.

Would you rather spend $300 every year (what you are doing with your other service for $25/month) or spend $250 on a ooma and then for as long as the ooma device works, not paying that $25 anymore?