Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#64586 by tony29
Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:40 pm
lbmofo wrote:
tony29 wrote:Actually, I just got the Caller ID from my TELO unit last week.

You get callerid name (for the entries not in your contact list) with your Telo without Premier?

Yep, I have not gone to Premier yet. And I do not plan to do so. Now, I can call friends with my name on their caller ID list. Is this wonderful !!! ?
#64588 by Bobby B
Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:50 pm
We haven't got around to disabling caller-ID name for all Telo Basic users. This will likely be phased in sometime this year.

The main reason we didn't disable the caller-ID name for Telo Basic users during the initial Telo launch was because the contact list feature wasn't ready. We decided to absorb the cost of caller-ID name lookups until then.
#65446 by huynhl
Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:12 pm
ajw522 wrote:
FreePhone wrote:=And that really defeats the point of using Ooma.

Unless you phone bill was $3.50 a month before switching to Ooma, I really don't think having to pay that "defeats the point of using Ooma." With a phone bill of $50 a month, using Ooma will save you $46.50 a month. You save loads of money, which I believe is one of the main points of using Ooma.

======================================================================================================
You exaggerate with $50/month phone bill, I pay $25/month phone bill, new ooma customers have to pay $3.49/month fee now plus the cost $250 to buy ooma hardware. Not much a good deal any more.
#65447 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:17 pm
huynhl wrote:You exaggerate with $50/month phone bill, I pay $25/month phone bill, new ooma customers have to pay $3.49/month fee now plus the cost $250 to buy ooma hardware. Not much a good deal any more.

Even with your example, the break even point is less than 12 months. Within the warranty period. All months after that is your savings; $21.51 every month. Very good deal.
#65448 by southsound
Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 pm
huynhl wrote:You exaggerate with $50/month phone bill, I pay $25/month phone bill, new ooma customers have to pay $3.49/month fee now plus the cost $250 to buy ooma hardware. Not much a good deal any more.

As with any comparison of savings we typically say YMMV (your mileage may vary). In my own case, when I started using ooma in 2009, I had been paying $34.99 plus $8 in taxes and fees for Qwest choice and a single line. The choice feature package gave me roughly the same features as ooma, but I still had to pay for long distance. Now that contracts with Qwest are up I have dropped back to a basic no-feature line. Cost is $13.50 a month plus $8 in taxes and fees. So depending on what type of landline service you had before the Telo can still be an awesome option. I keep the landline for emergencies since Qwest doesn't supply battery backup on its remote DSL equipment and we live on a rural island. I feel that my ooma system has more than paid for itself.
#65492 by huynhl
Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:27 am
I don't see a very good deal there, the break even is 12 months, that means you pay for the service 12 months in advance, and if ooma hardware failure for a little more than 12 months period, like 13 months, 15 months then you have to buy another unit ooma for $250, you are the loser.