Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61842 by arungandhi
Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:04 am
I got my OOMA last week. Setup was ok. I am having couple of issues with it.

1. All the incoming caller ids are being displayed as "Incoming Calls" rather than displaying Caller ID, and name. I contacted OOMA support. They said it could be an issue with the handset or carrier of the party calling your number. They cannot help. My question to them was, how come it was working previously with Vonage, and other providers. Do you want me to spend $200.00 to buy OOMA handsets?

2. My outgoing calls are being displayed as private caller. I checked my Ooma setup. it's configured correctly.

I am not satisfied with it so far. I am thinking of canceling the service, and return the OOMA telo.

So far it's a bad experience

Thanks
#61843 by ntoy
Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:19 am
Hello,

For inbound callerid calls, have you tried disabling Anonymous call block?

For outbound callerid, I see you activated/registered recently. Typically, it takes 7-10 business days to provision callerid name with a number from us or after a number port is complete.
#61934 by nn5i
Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:36 am
Seven to ten business days, eh? Yeah, right. For me it's two months so far.
#61961 by southsound
Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 am
ntoy wrote:Hello nn5i,

I completely understand. Sometimes it's out of our control waiting on the local telco to dip/update their database.
I did check with our porting team & they did provision your callerid name.

I think there may be more to it than just waiting on the telco to dip/update their database. My own case could serve as an example. I bought my core system, hub/scout, back in February of 2009. My number was a new one from ooma. 360 XXX - 0360. When I got my Telo in August of 2009, my hub was still known as Unavailable to Qwest users. Interestingly, my new Telo number, 360 XXX-0380 was showing up with my name in about a week. I called support many times - even asking them to "clone" the provisioning from my Telo to the hub so it would work. Each ticket was closed - most without contacting me. When I finally retired the hub in April, I transferred the 0360 number to the Telo as my second number. It has never shown up as my name. Not really a problem because my 0380 number does and I have my Telo set to use that number for outgoing CID.

This isn't really a rant as I LOVE my Telo - but it is meant as a reality check. I don't know where the breakdown is/was.

Note to support: please don't mess with my 0380 number - it works great!
#61969 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:46 pm
southsound wrote:Note to support: please don't mess with my 0380 number - it works great!

LOL
#62010 by FreePhone
Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:16 pm
Funny how issues over Caller ID are such a big deal now a days. Wasn't that long ago when we didn't have caller ID, so when your phone rang you answered it to find out who was calling. :)
#62014 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:19 pm
I know a lot of folks with landline that don't have callerid because they say not worth it.