Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61693 by digitaldude
Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:23 pm
I tried setting up Google Voice Extensions with a number I successfully ported over from Vonage and Ooma wont allow me to select that number to apply GVE. The only option that I can select is a virtual number provided by ooma to apply my GVE. I already have a google voice account and number for several months. Is there a way to apply GVE to a number ported into Ooma?
#61694 by southsound
Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:35 pm
digitaldude wrote:Is there a way to apply GVE to a number ported into Ooma?

I cannot imagine why you would want to. GVE will take your existing GV number and allow you to integrate it with your Telo. The GV Virtual Number is the number GV forwards to - and is only used for GVE. You can have your ported number and your GV number on the same Telo.
#61696 by southsound
Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:43 pm
Not as far as I know. I opted to go with "naked" GV as I have been using GV as a front-end for over a year now. I actually have two GV numbers - one personal that I have forward to my cell phone and my Telo's 1st number and one for our non-profit organization that forwards to my 2nd Telo number. I have a special ring on my 2nd number so I can tell which is ringing. I never use ooma's voicemail as GV takes all of my messages. I know this seems odd for a person who could have GVE since I have premier, but I like it better this way. It only took a few weeks to train all of our callers to use our GV number and it reaches us where ever we are.

Recordings such as this help a lot: Deposit 25 cents or Temporary Disconnect or maybe Private Facilities :P
#61697 by lbmofo
Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:04 pm
That telco billing number 1-800-522-5514 has a recording that says "If you are in the mood for some stimulating conversation, call 1-800-852-TALK."

Got to find lost revenue from somewhere I guess. :)

But this is my most memorable: hang up, try again

Then the next one is: all circuits are busy now

But this one is my favorite: ooma welcome
(54.72 KiB) Downloaded 431 times