Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61359 by CaptainKen
Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:32 pm
I have my forwarding set up for Multi-Ring and love it for the most part, but there is one thing that needs to be fixed. I would like to be able to set up one of my number to forward to my cell phone and the other number to forward to my wife's cell phone. If I log into My Ooma using phone number 281-359-XXXX and set that number to forward to my cell phone and then log out all number will forward to my cell phone. If I then log in under my other number 570-244-XXXX and set that to forward to my wife's cell phone and log out again all number will ring her cell phone. Can we look at having the option of having each of our number forward to a different phone number? The way it works now is all lines will default to the last number input no matter what phone number you use to log into My Ooma.
#61360 by ajw522
Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:54 pm
Do you have the the secondary line as a personal device? That's the only way you can log into My Ooma and have a completely separate account on My Ooma, and you can have separate forwarding preferences.
#61364 by CaptainKen
Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:43 pm
I actually have three lines on Ooma, and I can log on to My Ooma on all three lines, the problems is you can't have separate forwarding preferences. I can log on to any one of the three numbers and set up forwarding and the other two line default to the same forwarding number.
#61365 by ajw522
Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:46 pm
CaptainKen wrote:I actually have three lines on Ooma, and I can log on to My Ooma on all three lines, the problems is you can't have separate forwarding preferences. I can log on to any one of the three numbers and set up forwarding and the other two line default to the same forwarding number.

Are these 3 lines on seperate Telo Handsets or Scouts as Personal Devices?
#61394 by ntoy
Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:46 am
Hello,

In looking at your account, you currently have both numbers being shared. You can log into My Ooma to move the 2nd number to a telo handset to make it private.
#61407 by ajw522
Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:16 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

In looking at your account, you currently have both numbers being shared. You can log into My Ooma to move the 2nd number to a telo handset to make it private.

Yes - that is what you would have to do. You can only have separate settings if the two numbers are private.
#61408 by CaptainKen
Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:16 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

I will do that, will that allow me to forward each number to a different cell phone?
#61410 by Bobby B
Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:25 pm
You can now setup unique forwarding numbers for each of the numbers on a single device in Preferences->Calling
#61416 by CaptainKen
Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:53 pm
Thanks Bobby, it is doing just what I have been trying to get it to do for several months now. I guess this was a recent change in the new firmware?