Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#60961 by tonylukac
Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 am
After Wednesday's firmware upgrade to firmware 1.38948, the telo handset seems to have lost some of its features. I currently don't have Ooma Premier. It used to be you could receive another call on the handset if you were talking on a non handset phone. You could also place a call on the handset, and if a call came in, it would ring the other phones in the house. Not true anymore. Also, call waiting caller id, which never worked properly on a regular phone with the Ooma telo used to be available on the handset. The handset does not display caller id in this situation and does not ring in this case. And if you are talking and hang up when another call comes in, it then never rings altho the caller hears a ringing signal. The caller can, however, leave a message. I hope these are bugs not features which will be corrected. What is the purpose of the handset and the $49.99 when much less expensive cordless phone options are available?
#60964 by bw1
Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:25 am
tonylukac wrote:After Wednesday's firmware upgrade to firmware 1.38948, the telo handset seems to have lost some of its features. I currently don't have Ooma Premier. It used to be you could receive another call on the handset if you were talking on a non handset phone. You could also place a call on the handset, and if a call came in, it would ring the other phones in the house. Not true anymore. Also, call waiting caller id, which never worked properly on a regular phone with the Ooma telo used to be available on the handset. The handset does not display caller id in this situation and does not ring in this case. And if you are talking and hang up when another call comes in, it then never rings altho the caller hears a ringing signal. The caller can, however, leave a message. I hope these are bugs not features which will be corrected. What is the purpose of the handset and the $49.99 when much less expensive cordless phone options are available?

Being able to receive another call on the Telo handset while you are talking on a non-Telo handset is a Premier feature - Instant Second Line. Perhaps you recently were downgraded to Ooma Basic service after a Premier trial expired.

The primary advantages of the Telo handset are realized with Premier - https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-handset/features
#60976 by tonylukac
Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:38 pm
No, it worked until Wednesday when the new firmware upgrade was in place. What is the purpose of the handset if you have to pay for premier also? It isn't against any documentation, tho, since it doesn't outline which features are present with or without premier. Thus it will be considered a new feature, not a bug. I wish they would get call waiting caller id working for the standard phone jack. It works half the time.