Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#59832 by RRMRRM
Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 am
So, if my Internet is down (as happened two night ago), not only do I not get calls over Ooma ATA (not Ooma's issue - no connectivity), but the inbound calls also to not go to my multi-ring number (my cell phone) but instead go right to voice mail.

In my mind, it is much more customer-centric and appropriate for Multi-Ring to also function like the backup number if connectivity is down. The intent is for the call to always ring multiple places. If my Ooma ATA isn't functioning, it is all the more important that the call nonetheless ring my cell.

Thanks.

-Ron
#59848 by bw1
Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am
RRMRRM wrote:So, if my Internet is down (as happened two night ago), not only do I not get calls over Ooma ATA (not Ooma's issue - no connectivity), but the inbound calls also to not go to my multi-ring number (my cell phone) but instead go right to voice mail.

In my mind, it is much more customer-centric and appropriate for Multi-Ring to also function like the backup number if connectivity is down. The intent is for the call to always ring multiple places. If my Ooma ATA isn't functioning, it is all the more important that the call nonetheless ring my cell.

Thanks.

-Ron

This should work. It may take a few minutes before the Ooma servers recognize that your Ooma device is down.
Do you have a Hub or Telo?
Did you try rebooting?
Did you try setting call forwarding to "Call forward on network outage" to see if that worked correctly?