Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#58969 by darindf
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:47 pm
I have ooma with 2 phone numbers, one for the hub and one for the scout. When I use ooma mobile, I can only get the number for the hub, the number for the scout doesn't show up. Does anyone know why the scout phone number is unavailable for use with ooma mobile?
#59006 by darindf
Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:55 am
The scout is an extension of the hub. The hub is on a premiere account. With a hub you can attach one or more scouts, which allow you to connect another phone to your system, basically it provides a telco jack to connect your phone to. That part isn't too exciting, but the scout also allows one to assign it a 2nd phone number to it (note this is a feature with the premiere plan), so you end up with 2 phone lines, one phone number goes to the hub and the 2nd phone number goes to the scout. This is marketed so that you can have home/office, parent/children, with each having separate phone lines.

So given that my ooma account has 2 phone numbers associated with it, one phone number for the premiere/hub, and another phone number for the scout, one would think I have 2 phone numbers that I could use with ooma mobile, after all when I look at "my ooma" web page, it shows me the 2 phone numbers (plus to which device they are attached to) when I look under the preferences, phone numbers tab (which is just above the ooma mobile tab), but when I go to the ooma mobile tab it only shows one phone number, which is the hub phone number.

So the question remains, under 1 tab, I see 2 phone numbers for my ooma account, but then under ooma mobile tab, only one number shows up. So can multiple numbers be used with ooma mobile? Note it may not be all this important at this stage, but when incoming calls is enabled, it certainly will.
#59015 by ntoy
Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:11 am
Hello,

Currently, Ooma mobile can only use the main number on the account(excludes other numbers or private numbers in the acct). Being able to use other numbers on the account is something considered in the future.
#66159 by jthphoto
Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:45 am
I use my cellphone specifically to show my cell # as my caller ID. Is there a way to disable my hub # and enable my cell # instead - these calls are Craigslist/eBay/etc.. where I don't want the caller ID to be my hub # for privacy sakes.