Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#63114 by highq
Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:10 pm
[quote="philw132"]What operating system do you use? (WinXP/vista/7 or linux/mac?
I think I might have a link at home for a piece of software that does just that.. However it is useless on win7 or vista

I'm not running MS-DOS OSes, so whaddya got?
#63121 by philw132
Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:00 pm
Found the link, however when clicking on it, its dead... turns out the software went pro a couple years ago, and now is a paid software, it use to be free.. i remember this program from the early 90s it came free with every dialup modem i ever bought.. worked great.

its called "Cheyenne Bitware" it has a softphone dialer called "bitphone" that lets you use your computer as a full featured phone, also have voicemail and fax capabilities. its for ALL the windows verisions except for vista and 7. if anyone is savvy on the torrent websites you might get lucky.. however if not....

the company has now renamed its software it is now "Simply Messenger PRO" on the website they have a free 30 day trial, i dont know how much they charge http://www.2point.com/BitWare/
#78361 by bickyb
Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:01 pm
Curious to know if anyone has had any luck in grabbing caller id information via a modem using ooma in windows 7. If so, what modem have you been using to do this and what application?