Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#56290 by Graham Best
Fri May 21, 2010 1:46 pm
This is a small request (hopefully)...

In the Voicemail / Inbox on the Ooma website for Premiere subscribers, it has the name of the person who called. You can listen to the message, delete it, etc.

There is also an option for Premiere subscribers to have VoiceMail forwarded to an e-mail account on the 'Voicemail Preferences' webpage. When the e-mail gets sent, the subject of the e-mail is

"New Voice Message from [phone number] ([xx] sec)"

Can you change this so that the subject of the e-mail is

"New Voice Message from [caller's name] ([xx] sec)"

I don't have phone numbers memorized, so the caller's name would help. Also, the length of the message on the website doesn't seem to agree with the length in the subject... On one message, the e-mail subject for the length was one second less than the website.
#56334 by Graham Best
Fri May 21, 2010 11:02 pm
I'm continuing to think about this feature...

If the person who called is in your contacts list, maybe the body of the e-mail can go something like this:

A new message was left in the voicemail box for [your phone number] by [name of caller], calling from [type of phone] at [their phone number]. The audio file is attached.

You may also listen from any phone by dialing [voicemail number] then pressing *, or online at http://my.ooma.com/.

I'm hoping these fields are already in your database, and it isn't a hard change.

I'd also like to tweak the audio file name to include leading zeros in front of the month and day. My reason for the leading zeroes is that the files will sort according to date in a directory; otherwise the sorting would be: Jan, Oct, Nov, Dec, Feb...

Please feel free to discuss.