Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3515 by sdrew
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:25 pm
Many VOIP services provide call forwarding to user defined number when Internet connectivity is lost to main hub. This ensures that phone calls are automatically forwarded to your number of choice and callers do not go directly to voicemail. Multi-ring feature is not the same as this request.
#3561 by pfloyd14
Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:10 am
I would agree. I currently still have a land line that is configured for use when the internet is down so I am still able to make out going calls. I have 4 different ooma numbers at my location and would like to be able to selectively choose which calls are re-routed to this number or to different numbers or just go to VM.
#10753 by sokha
Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:09 am
folks, this feature is available right now with Premiere service.
and it is the Multi-Ring feature.
if your internet connection dead, electricity out, Ooma Hub dead, your Multi-Ring still function.

i have Multi-Ring setup on my cell phone.
without writing the same stuff again, read my post subject, "Call Forward if Ooma is Offline".
#10764 by blacknoi
Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:45 am
sokha wrote:folks, this feature is available right now with Premiere service.
and it is the Multi-Ring feature.
if your internet connection dead, electricity out, Ooma Hub dead, your Multi-Ring still function.

i have Multi-Ring setup on my cell phone.
without writing the same stuff again, read my post subject, "Call Forward if Ooma is Offline".

So how do I get it to NOT ring my cell phone then when the server is in fact, up?

Won't the multi ring still ring my cell phone when the ooma service is working?
#10794 by sokha
Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 am
bonjour Black,

So how do I get it to NOT ring my cell phone then when the server is in fact, up?

with Premiere service, you can log-on to your account and disable it.
better yet, just turn off your cell phone when you are at home if simultaneous ring bother you.
i don't see it as a problem at all.

with landline service, i have a phone in bedroom, kitchen, living room, etc.
when there's incoming calls, all the phone rings.
so, this is the same as Ooma MR feature.

if you use this MR feature, you just pickup the Ooma phone.
your cell phone minutes is not used.

i just leave my cell phone ON all the time.
that way, if the internet goes offline for some reason, i still get calls on the cell b/c of MR feature.

Won't the multi ring still ring my cell phone when the ooma service is working?

yes.
but, u don't need to pickup your cell phone.
and thus, your cell minutes is not used.
#11047 by pfloyd14
Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:35 am
I think you missed the point of the issue. I also have multi-ring. I have 4 different Ooma numbers. I only use multi-ring for one of the numbers. I do not want all 4 numbers always ringing to my cell phone, but I would be ok with 3 of the numbers ringing to my cell phone if omma was down. We just want this temporarily and not to have to go in and manually configure it.
#11058 by lohertz
Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:11 am
pfloyd14 wrote:I think you missed the point of the issue. I also have multi-ring. I have 4 different Ooma numbers. I only use multi-ring for one of the numbers. I do not want all 4 numbers always ringing to my cell phone, but I would be ok with 3 of the numbers ringing to my cell phone if omma was down. We just want this temporarily and not to have to go in and manually configure it.

But don't you have to do a manual configuration with call forwarding or follow-me process with other VoIP providers. i.e. dial *77?
#11068 by pfloyd14
Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:56 am
the difference here is that VOIP is not as reliable as plain telephone service. You can loose connectivity to the hub for many reasons that have nothing to do with ooma. This feature would enable you to have sone built in redundancy