Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#55790 by dedwards
Mon May 17, 2010 3:25 pm
I just signed up with Ooma premier. I also still have Vonage and have a primary number and what they call a virtual number.
I would like to port just the virtual number from Vonage and have that be my second number with Ooma. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? Thanks
#55876 by DTMF
Tue May 18, 2010 7:57 am
My guess is that you won't be able to do this.

I had a distinctive ring number (ringing with a different ring to the primary number) on my AT&T account that AT&T wouldn't allow to be ported out. It sounds like this "virtual number" is the same thing.

A Vonage customer can probably address your question with more precision.
#56000 by JasonV
Wed May 19, 2010 6:05 am
If you have a ringmaster (ATT) you will not be allowed to port it. You can however convert the ringmaster # to a hardline and then port. Phone companies charge you to establish a hardline (connection fee), however if you order online with ATT and get the basic service, the fee will be waived. So, the way to do it is to convert the virtual or ringmaster # to a hardline and then start the porting process.