Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#55634 by Teh_Lexinator
Sat May 15, 2010 11:40 am
I keep receiving e-mail from Vonage asking me to resub. They are currently offering a $15 plan that will allow me to make unlimited calls to virtually anywhere in the world, although the countries I am really interested in are China, Russia and India (those are all included in the Vonage plan anyway).

Honestly, this plan alone is making me think about switching back to Vonage.

Why doesn't ooma offer anything that is even remotely comparable? The 500 minute plan is really not an option for those of us that spend 1000+ minutes on the phone with these countries. I can't be the only one to think this way either. How about offering a 2000 minute plan for $9.99? That should keep almost everyone happy. In fact, I recall ooma saying a plan like that is coming (which is why I bought an ooma), and this was said over a year ago. Still, so far we have nothing.

ooma, please, for the sake of your customers, allow us to have a similar plan.

Thank you.
#55637 by sfhub
Sat May 15, 2010 12:09 pm
Teh_Lexinator wrote:I keep receiving e-mail from Vonage asking me to resub. They are currently offering a $15 plan that will allow me to make unlimited calls to virtually anywhere in the world, although the countries I am really interested in are China, Russia and India (those are all included in the Vonage plan anyway).

After the teaser period it goes up to $25.99/mo, which after taxes will be more like $31/mo.

So one question is how many Intl calling card minutes can you buy for $330/yr [12 * $27.50/mo ($31/mo - $3.50/mo)]

Given your cities are China $0.025, India $0.030, Russia $0.040/min for rollover, pinless-dial, no expiration, no connection fee, 1-sec billing increment, can be used while travelling, calling card minutes, I'd personally just go with the calling cards. At $0.025 you are getting 13200 rollover minutes per year. At $0.030, 11000, and at $0.040, 8250. It isn't even that annoying like before because you can give them the caller-id for your "known" phones and don't have to enter or remember a pin.

If you are consistently making over 1000 minutes Intl/mo, go with Vonage World, it is the better deal. If you avg 2000/mo Intl, Vonage might actually lose money on you :)

I think Ooma should have an Intl plan > 500 minutes to have a complete offering, but I don't think it is holding them back a lot because the # of people needing that many Intl minutes isn't huge.