Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#54151 by wens32
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:16 am
Coldsteel - I read your comment, and I think you definitely said it better than me, and probably closer to what I was thinking.

As for marketing, wouldn't it be worth it to Ooma marketing to be able to entice those who are not spending any extra money to actually go and spend more money?

That's the point of marketing, right?

Get you to spend money on something you may or may not need.

So for many of us who don't have premier service and are happy with what we have now, what will really entice us to spend more money? That's marketing.
#54228 by wcfl
Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:20 pm
I was thinking about switching from the Hub to Telo hoping that voice quality issues would be better with the Telo (no more echoing, cell phone sound on other end, etc.). Is the current Telo with DECT 6.0 supposed to be better already, or is that expected with the HD upgrade in the future?
#54238 by coldsteel
Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:49 am
I thought some more about the upgrade offer and decided that it would make an interesting blog post for OOMA future directions. http://winstonlawrence.com/notebook/2010/ooma-time-to-take-it-to-the-next-level/
#54239 by bw1
Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:53 am
wcfl wrote:I was thinking about switching from the Hub to Telo hoping that voice quality issues would be better with the Telo (no more echoing, cell phone sound on other end, etc.). Is the current Telo with DECT 6.0 supposed to be better already, or is that expected with the HD upgrade in the future?

As far as I know the voice quality should be about equal between the Hub and Telo. I think the Pure Voice upgrades apply to both as well.

The HD Voice will only be for the Telo with Telo Handset and will only be supported for calls to other HD supported hardware, such as the Telo Handset.

Your problem with echo and cell phone sound is likely to be a factor of your Internet connection quality.