Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52342 by abdusazad
Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:32 pm
From my experience:
1) When use OOMA international prepaid calling or International bundle:
If you dial for any call or especially international calling, the minutes start counting from the moment you start dialing, no matter it’s being connected at destination party or not or even no one answer the phone at destination end and you disconnected call within first, second, third ring. In this case at least two minutes charging like 23x2=46 cents. OOMA customer service says: that is the rules for OOMA where I never seen any other carriers doing that. All other carriers only were counting minutes when phone line connected or start conversation on both end.

2) OOMA blocking to call internationally if you use calling card or third party to connect international call, Let say if you call from OOMA home phone to local Gtalks number to connect the international call (Bangladesh). In this case, you (from OOMA home phone) dial to Gtalks local phone to connect to Gtalks local phone, from Gtalks local number, Gtalk asking you to provide international number to connect international destination (Gtalks is third party international call provider). Once you provided destination number as per Gtalk local phone direction, In this case always some messages comes up as:
The destination party not answering your call or destination part not reachable or you dial the wrong number, whereas if you use cell phone (T-mobile) and dial the same destination number from cell phone to Gtalks local number and Gtalks local number routing that call to destination party, it’s successful and you connect immediately with out any hassle. What wonder business model is this by OOMA????
3) OOMA online account webpages is very slow and buggy, some time work but most time not as supposed to be.
4) Also most time voice quality is very bad in the other hand, though you hear very clear but other party not always get good voice quality.
5) If you calling OOMA customer service for any help, either they blame your internet service provider or give some excuses or provide some wrong information and try to get rid from you and saying that, oh I didn’t hear you clearly, you need to call back in an hour and so. Too bad…isn’t?

IS ANYONE EXPERIENCING??????
#52444 by wendavid
Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:17 pm
Could not comment on international bundle since I never used it. Speaking with 3rd party calling card, your problem could be caused by the card vendor. If one does not work, why don't you try another one? There are tons of calling cards available these days. We have been using the card from onesuite.com to make all of our international calls over ooma telo and never had any problem.
#52449 by ktinca
Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:52 pm
I tested a "calling card" by using my Google Voice number, international calling. It went through to Taiwan, no problem.

I have called Taiwan and received "busy signal", hung up. There was no charge.
#52450 by Davesworld
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 pm
I just don't see Ooma wanting to waste costly resources trying to figure out what 10 digit numbers are really calling card numbers and trying to block them. A company having just over 100,000 subscribers is not likely to waste time and money for such a thing. When it comes to telephony in general, there are many factors that can cause a particular number to be inaccessible by you of which most are technical, not intentional.