Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#14870 by southsound
Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:12 pm
This is one more situation where the upcoming Premier Google Voice Extensions will really shine! GV already offers scheduled ringing and allows different groups to experience different levels of reaching us. According to the blog, we should eventually expect to use our ooma number as our GV number and manage all of our communications using the pair together. Here's a portion of that blog:
Dennis Peng in the ooma blog wrote:With ooma Premier’s Google Voice Extensions, we can automatically show your Google Voice caller-ID when you make a call, no need to use the web site or call into Google Voice just to do that. You can also check your Google Voice messages with a touch of a button, just like using an answering machine. And with ooma, you don’t need to pick up your phone to hear who is calling. We’ll play the announcement and message over the speaker for you - pick up the phone only if you really want to answer. Finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of switching to yet another new phone number, use your existing ooma number (or port your number to ooma) and we’ll forward it to Google Voice. Your friends and family will be none the wiser!
#70135 by MSU23
Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:01 pm
Just wondering if this suggesting was every picked up by Ooma?? I think this would be awesome functionality added to the Ooma arsonal. i would also like to see the ablity to scheudle call forwarding, multiring and other functionality.
#70187 by EricJRW
Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:06 am
Pandora wrote:I'd like to add my support to this idea.

I'd also like to suggest possible white lists of numbers that can optionally be enabled to tunnel through a do not disturb. For example if one of my children calls.

My thought as well.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10126

Would love to see something like this... Might even sway me to Premier.