Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#52025 by Carfixer64
Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:03 pm
This would be a good feature to help stop a young teenager from sneaking very late night phone calls to someone they have been asked not to call.

There are probably many more good uses for this feature and i'm sure most of us could use it .

Thanks.
#52037 by southsound
Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:19 pm
Kids these days have a lot of ways to make calls, contact people they should not, and otherwise circumvent the best wishes of a loving parent. Anyone can buy a cheap prepaid cell phone and have instant communication to whomever they please. I only pay $5.50 a month for my cell service - that's about two trips to Taco Bell for a cheap meal. So I guess my only sugggestion is to sit your son or daughter down and have a good conversation starting with how much you love them and finding out why they feel they need to contact people whom they know you would prefer them not to contact. And please know that I applaud you for wanting to protect your child. Some parents just give up.

My wife and I do a recovery ministry and visit our county jail each week. It breaks my heart to see some of the kids who have made mistakes that can haunt them the rest of their lives. Even though it is an adult facility, some of the folks there are really just kids. We recently met a couple - both just 18 and married for about a year - they robbed a convenience store because the girl wanted some cigarettes. The parents had given up on them and allowed them to get married to get them out of (the parents) hair. Now they will spend up to a year separated from all they care about. The young man has a hard time reading and speaks very slowly. The girl looks so innocent, yet you know she's been through so much heartache. My heart goes out to them and to all parents and children who fall victim to poor choices. I wish you the best in your situation.

(Please don't take this as preaching or an affront to anyone having difficulty with their kids. We also had problems with a couple of our kids and I know situation well.)