Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#51382 by sparkylb
Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 am
Nice Job OOMA!!!

Today my port went through as scheduled at 9:30 am. Everything seems to work as advertised. I no longer have a phone cable coming out of the wall. :D

Call quality is exceptionally clear, caller ID works in and out, and all features are present. I'm very satisfied and think this company is on to good things!

Now let's get it publically traded so I can buy some OOMA stock!!
#51422 by sashusmom
Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:21 pm
I also had no problems getting my number ported. It took much less time than indicated- about 8 days. I was away and hadn't had time to check e-mail. We had no phone service when we got back (once number was ported our cable co. phone didn't work) since we had only 1 phone on the ooma system (the rest were still on cable). I finally got to the email and ooma had sent a message that my number was sucessfully ported. Their communication was great. It took a couple hours to regain dial tones when phones were switched over to the ooma system but I knew the phones would be out for a time while the port was happening. Just about everyone has a cell phone for back-up these days so this wasn't a problem. :)

I wondered what would happen to my first ooma phone number since I ported my number about 2 months after I opened my account. Since we took advantage of using the premier service to get free porting, the ooma number was reassigned as the instant second line. So we have 2 phone numbers asso. with our account.

So far I'm very happy with the ooma service. I hope Ooma hangs tough in this economy and continues to thrive and grow. I'm even willing to keep premier service going for a couple of years to help out. I originally thought that it was unnecessary but it is actually coming in handy. ;)