Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#50049 by goldielocksbear
Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 pm
We have a specific company that has been harassing us for literally years. I have contacted donotcall.gov, the FCC, the owner of the company directly, various managers, repeatedly asked to be put on the do not call list when they call,... etc but they still call every other month between 6 and 9 pm.

The situation is that they call from various local numbers but their name always shows up as "Galaxie Lumber" on the caller ID despite what number they call from. I wish there was a way I could block by the name that shows up on caller ID "Galaxie Lumber" instead of having to block every number they have called from thus far in the hopes that the next time they call its from a number we have already blocked.

Thanks!
Anna
#50061 by Groundhound
Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:27 am
Are they a legitimate company, that is are they a local lumber company as the name suggests? Since you returned their call to speak to their managers I would assume so. In this case the number of local numbers they call out on are likely limited to a few, and the Premier blacklist feature would work for this.
#50176 by oomg
Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:17 am
Where is Galaxie Lumber located. Maybe we can organize all Ooma customers to make a call to Galaxie Lumber's offices on a daily basis to ask stupid questions like: "Do you accept food stamps, and if not, why not." I can think of a whole bunch of questions.
#50596 by goldielocksbear
Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:55 am
Hiya All,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Galaxie Lumber is a home remodeling company:
4761 West Touhy Avenue, Lincolnwood IL - (847) 677-8300

We had them redo our kitchen in December 2005. At the time we had already signed up our home and cells on donotcall.gov. Since then they called once every month or so with offers. Every time they called I would say these exact words "Please put us on your do not call this." Every time I got an "OK" from the rep and every time I got another call back. I started writing down the dates, times, and names of the reps. I wrote a letter to the company saying they had alienated a paying customer with these phone calls, please stop calling us but the calls continue. I contacted donotcall.gov to explain that by this point it had been past 18 months since we did business with them so not only had the violated that "Do Not Call" regulation but also they violated their agreement to put us on a do not call list. That didn't work so then I contacted the FCC and stated the exact same thing this time with names, numbers, and times they called AND explained to the FCC all Galaxie is doing at this point is harassing a mom with a 3 year old with chronic medical and developmental problems. That didn't work either. Next time they called I called right back (using the number they just dialed from) and asked to talk to a manager, I got a man named Richard. I told him what had happened thus far and finally said something to the effect of "Look this is harassment please stop calling or we will take you to small claims court for harassment" to which he replied (I remember his *exact* words) "I highly doubt that." He did however promise to put us on the do not call list... he of course obviously did not.

We are at a point of getting litigious but honestly I have my hands full and don't want to end up in court even if we do get some money out of it so yes Richard with Galaxie is right we most likely will not take them to court.

The most recent time they called was March 9th at 5:24 pm central. I didn't answer the phone when I saw the caller ID and all they left was a couple heavy breaths on our answering machine and hung up.

post script:
If you would like a list of the numbers I wrote down that they called from I am happy to provide that.
#50599 by oldanbo
Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Have you checked with your state attorney general? States are sometimes quicker than the feds.

File a complaint with the BBB, assuming they are member.

I also like the part about asking them pointless questions when they call. Scumbags.