Best phone for use with original hub?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
leafydrew

Best phone for use with original hub?

Post by leafydrew » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:38 am

I'm planning on replacing my handsets here soon, have an original hub-what are your recommendations for a new set of handsets? Thanks in advance

southsound

Re: Best phone for use with original hub?

Post by southsound » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:57 am

I love the Uniden 1580 series. See my post here: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 989#p49579 I currently use one of my systems with my landline and the other with my Telo - but up until January I used it on my hub.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

oomg

Post by oomg » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 am

I have used mostly Panasonic products for more than 20 years, and generally, have liked them very much. However, when I was looking for something to attach to my ooma system, I stumbled on a set which is sold under the GE name and decided to give in a try:
http://www.home-electronics.net/ge/pc/s ... submit.y=9

I have six stations in the system. In addition to having a number of other features, including speaker phone, it has its own internal paging system. Very small and light... individual unit weighs approximately. 2-3 oz. Lithium battery. Total cost at Fry's was about $130 for base (without voicemail) and 5 stations. So far (a little more than one year later), I am very happy with the system.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

amarryat

Post by amarryat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 pm

leafydrew wrote:I'm planning on replacing my handsets here soon, have an original hub-what are your recommendations for a new set of handsets? Thanks in advance
I have Panasonic DECT phones and they are the best cordless phones I have ever had. They are a couple of years old, and have probably been replaced in their lineup. Sound quality is as good as a corded phone, battery life is incredible, speakerphone in the handsets as well as headset jacks, and they take normal AAA NiMH rechargeables. If there was one improvement I could make, it would be to backlight the keypad on these phones. They work great with the hub.

These are what I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-3-Hands ... B000LYAX1G

leafydrew

Post by leafydrew » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:10 am

Thanks all!-I love Panasonic too and will go in that direction.

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:36 am

I added a rather inexpensive V-tech cordless phone to my ooma setup at home-- I think the phone was all of 14 bucks plus tax. Light, good display, and the voicemail-waiting indicator is ooma-compatable, which is really nice to have. Quality throughout the home is quite good.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core