Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#49015 by jmart
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:02 am
I found a link to download this today. I don't own an iphone, and I don't really want one --- I'm just not interested in the monthly costs associated with it (mobile service + data plan). I'm also not much of an apple person, so this might be a stupid question, but it's my understanding that the itouch can download the same apps as the iphone. So, if I were to buy an itouch and download the ooma mobile app could I use a bluetooth headset and make calls over the built-in wi-fi on the itouch? This could be extremely beneficial when I am traveling and can generally find free wi-fi virtually everywhere.

http://appshopper.com/social-networking ... for-iphone

Thanks for any responses!
#49021 by murphy
Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:14 am
You can't download the app from that link. It was withdrawn because it was posted prematurely. Ooma doesn't have the server to handle the app online yet.
#49030 by jmart
Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:44 am
sorry for the bad link, maybe i should not have included it at all since it's not really the most relevant part of the question. Once the app is available for download does anyone know if it will work on the itouch using wi-fi?
#49060 by Quicksprj
Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:47 pm
I have an iPhone and downloaded the app when it was available but can't use it yet. My understanding is yes you will be able to make 500 minutes of calls using the app over wifi. If u buy an itouch then you will need to use headphones with mic to make a call because itouchs don't have a built in mic.