Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3618 by todd_e
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:31 am
Southsound and ooma.cares, would you mind posting when you actually spoke to a live person at ooma? Date, time, and time zone you called from? I have yet to be able to reach a live person.
#3628 by number9
Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:52 am
I requested my number be ported on January 16. It's now February 27. So much for the 3 weeks. I have been trying to call customer support and get a busy signal. Had to call the corporate number to get to customer service. I was on hold for the typical 30 minutes, then the call ended. Dialed the customer support number again, right to a busy signal.

Mojo, Bobby B., Dennis or any other mod or ooma staff that reads this fourm, PLEASE, tell some one in management or supervisory position to read these forums and do some thing about the customer service. This is the only thing that is keeping me from telling others about ooma.
Any help with my port inquiry would also be appreciated.
#3629 by southsound
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 am
todd_e,

I have had the shortest wait times when I call in the morning around 9:00 or 10:00 AM. But some of my calls were in the afternoon, and several times, they called me back with information regarding status. The last time was yesterday, 2/26, but I also talked to them on Saturday, 2/21 and 2/25. Sometimes the wait is 20 minutes or so.

I think their "anticipated wait" algorythm needs some work because it tells me less than 2 minutes then greater than 10 then approximately 5, etc. That is probably what makes waiting so frustrating. But I can understand why it is so hard to predict. The customer service reps ALWAYS spend enough time to really understand your situation. They don't use canned scripts, have true empathy for your problems, and the wait is worth it. I sense that the CS team is layered with the best technicians actually doing the work that is identified by the front line people - but if I were to design a CS department, that is exactly the way I would do it.

I have not had my number ported because I use DSL and our telco has attached some wonderful carrots to keeping a landline for the next year. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to port, the process will be more efficient. If I can just get rid of the echo on my outgoing calls, I will be here to find out. In spite of the difficulties, I really like ooma. Or as it sounds when I make a call, "I I I really really really like like like ooma ooma ooma." ;)
#3630 by number9
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:40 am
Three hours later and I am still on hold. I'm glad it's not an out of service issue. LOL

Update:
I got through and spoke with David. when you are able to get through, the customer service is exceptional. David said "I'm checking on some thing can I call you back?" I reluctantly said yes. He CALLED BACK!!!

My advice is to keep calling customer service and don't too angry when you can't get some one to answer. When you do get through, the service is EXCEPTIONAL!
Thank you David!
#38644 by timewaster
Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:51 pm
I have sent 2 emails asking if my porting is completed and received no reply. My current(?) telephone company says if I terminate prematurely I may lose my number. What should I do?
#38646 by oldanbo
Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:27 pm
timewaster wrote:I have sent 2 emails asking if my porting is completed and received no reply. My current(?) telephone company says if I terminate prematurely I may lose my number. What should I do?

#1 Don't discuss this with your current provider

#2 A little more background information would be helpful.

Cheers