Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#47093 by DTMF
Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:11 pm
I'd like to be able to assign speed dial numbers to my My Ooma contacts, so that I can dial them with 1 or 2 digits from any phone I have connected to my Ooma device.
Last edited by DTMF on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#47721 by Steve Francine
Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:06 pm
You can do that directly from your base unit/handset...just program it as you did when you were using it as your landline. Hope this was helpful.
#47759 by DTMF
Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:08 am
Steve Francine wrote:You can do that directly from your base unit/handset...just program it as you did when you were using it as your landline. Hope this was helpful.
Understood, but I'd rather have it as a network feature because I don't want to have to program speed dials into 10 handsets. Plus the handsets have different ways of dialing numbers in memory, so I'd have to remember where the "memory" button is located or dig through menus to get to the contact list.

I had AT&T's speed dial service before, which meant every phone in my house dialed the same contact when we dialed a "5," for instance. It'll also be consistent with the handset on my wireless phone. When I hold down "5" on my wireless phone, it dials the same number my home phones used to dial. Now I can't do that from home.
#69944 by DTMF
Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 pm
I was just thinking of this request last night as I placed a call to my favorite plumber, how handy it would be if I could once again dial "PL" (75) from any handset in my house instead of having to look up the number. ;)
#87213 by Cabeza
Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:48 pm
I just started with my Ooma service, and am noticing right away that I can no longer dial one digit and the pound sign, as Cox allows with their phone service, to call eight frequently called numbers. I would like to have this service available as I see others have requested already. Cox calls it "Speed Calling", and there is no need to program each handset in the house to have this sort of speed dialing from any handset.