Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#46582 by robinandjohnl
Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:29 pm
When installing my ooma, I inadvertently signed up for the monthly premium service, instead of the annual payment with the free number port. I called the support line as soon as I realized I made a mistake and the website wouldn't let me change my selection. Here's a hint ooma -- when activating, give people both choices when you click on premier service or allow people to change their selection without calling support.

Anyway, you'd think this would be an easy switch. Evidently not. I was told it would take 24-48 hours, which is fine. Unfortunately, that was almost two weeks ago. I called back after 5 days and was told the phone reps can't make the change, but it has been sent to the ooma office and will be expedited. After another 3+ days of nothing I sent an e-mail to ooma support. Guess what? No response, no nothing.

I'm pretty close to giving up and returning the ooma and canceling my service (if they can do that).

Anybody home at ooma? This isn't a good client experience.
#46589 by amoney
Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:13 pm
:idea:

Call your credit card company and refuse the charge.

After thats all squared away.

Then select the yearly subscription.

I think you have waited long enough.
#46635 by southsound
Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:54 pm
When you call ooma at 888 711-6662 instead of pressing the number for support, try pressing the one for sales. Maybe they can straighten things out for you. Let us know.
#46752 by Bobby B
Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:32 am
I've asked the support team to reach out to you to get this sorted out - you should be hearing back soon.
#46897 by robinandjohnl
Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:53 am
Good news. I saw on another post an ooma employee responded to different posting, so I e-mailed that person and asked for help. He was quickly able to fix my account and everything is resolved. Thanks Norm.