Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#45471 by ernieb
Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:37 pm
I read on engadget that there was an iPhone app demo'd at CES. Any details on what this app did? What about general availability?
#45759 by ggilman
Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:50 am
They were letting people make calls over the app via wifi. The app is complete but has not been published on the iTunes store yet. From my understanding, it allows you to use your iPhone or iPod Touch in your house over wifi and make calls through the ooma system.
#45775 by ggilman
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:59 am
Just found the following:
Just checked Engineering. GVE goes beta this week. PureVoice and Blue tooth beta next week. iPhone/SIP goes after that.

From Rich Buchanan's twitter, dated 4 days ago. If I'm interpreting correctly, iPhone app goes out in about 3 weeks?
Last edited by ggilman on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#45806 by Groundhound
Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 am
ggilman wrote:He's ooma's Chief Marketing Officer.

http://twitter.com/richbuchanan

I think there may have been a change. As farmington's link shows, he is no longer listed on Ooma's team site. Last week he edited his Twitter photo to remove the Ooma logo.
#45817 by ggilman
Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:05 pm
Groundhound wrote:I think there may have been a change.

Interesting
#45855 by ggilman
Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:15 pm
I guess this newer twitter post explains his removal from the web site:
It’s time for Ooma to soar and for me to focus on a new project and build another world-class team.
#45870 by amoney
Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:13 pm
ggilman wrote:I guess this newer twitter post explains his removal from the web site:
It’s time for Ooma to soar and for me to focus on a new project and build another world-class team.

Translation... Oomas going under, everyone for themselves.

Well, well see how long Ooma is able to tread water, I doubt anything will happen soon, I will have broken even on my investment and then some when something should occur, at the very least I made the jump into VOIP, there are many options.

I find it funny how he referred to himself as a bad penny that keeps turning up.

:o

Do you think they factor in the number of units returned?