Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#2580 by HizRoyalty
Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:09 pm
Just wanted to stop by and inform Ooma and everyone on how happy I am with this product!!!

I got rid of my landline about a year and a half ago. No need for it since the only people who called me on it was my Mom and oldest sister, oh and telemarketers!!

When I lost my job for the second time due to our recession, I had to give out my cell number to potential employers and this caused my cell minutes to rise and rise, so I had to look at another alternative. Refusing to pay the $40 a month I was paying for my landline, I went with magicJack by reference from my middle sister.

Service was great.....for about a week. After that, everyone told me I sounded like Max Hedrum from old Coca-Cola commercials at times, and so did they.....i.e "What did you do do do do do today?"

I found out about Ooma on mistake by searching bestbuy.com and reading reviews about magicJack and saw they sold your product as well. I thought it would be worth the $250 if it meant no phone bills for life. Boy was I right!!

I love the fact that now my computer doesn't have to stay on all the time to have phone service. I also love the fact that the Scout gives me a phone in my bedroom as well. And the sound quality is perfect, better than landline my friends and family have told me! I also love its features and that the Hub and Scout are also answering devices! It's like double bang for your buck!

So, I gave my magicJack to my nephew so he has something to use to avoid going over his cell minutes and am loving my Ooma for life!!! Vonage who????????

Please guys and gals of Ooma - Don't go out of business!! I know the recession is hurting, but people like me need you!!!! Your service rocks!!!
#2582 by frenchcamp49er
Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:31 pm
Yes, I have nothing to say but great things. I tell everyone I see about how great ooma is. I only hope they get one too.
#3027 by papa ooma
Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:43 pm
So far, it's great. I'm going to get one for our home and drop the land line. I'm telling everyone I can about your service.
#3029 by skellener
Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:41 pm
I've had perfect service since I got Ooma set up in August. Installation was simple. Quality of calls is much better than landline. No problems to complain about. I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a substitute for a landline.
#4729 by ydnar723
Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:54 pm
Being a new user I have to say I am very happy with ooma.
I did not want to pay the cost of a landline, Vonage was put in my view and I used them for close to two years. Call quality was bad at times, I had a bit of an issue with dropped calls for a while and the customer service and support did not impress me. Can you believe I been 4 months canceling my service with them?
I then made the move to Magic Jack. The concept is good but for what it offers is not good. The savings in monthly phone bills would be in your electric bill for leaving the computer on all the time. I also did not like the caller ID only being on the softphone. I never knew until I got it that caller ID was for only the soft phone and not the traditional Caller ID service many are used to. I was determined to have a low cost phone service and really wanted a VOIP setup. When I returend to Best Buy and returned the Magic Jack I decided to look around the store for other items I needed. I then stumbled upon their serup for broadband phones. As I was looking at the cost of a newer Vonage adapter (because I felt they was my only cost effective provider at this point and I was having issues with the current Vonage adapter) next to the Vonage equipment was ooma. The lightbulb turned on, I remembered reading about this last year, when i saw the price I remembered why I did not have one right off. I grabbed a brochoure and showed my wife. We did more errands and she decided perhaps we should buy one knowing it would pay off in about a year. I was impressed with the features it already had come with.
In short I have onwed this now for over 24 hours, made a few calls and been happy with it. I would recommend this without hesitation to anyone. I hope this does not fall through and the product falls apart. In the Magic Jack reviews it was reviewed that it was the Vonage and Skype killer. Let me tell you, those reviewers need to look over the ooma and they should make that opinion on the ooma. I can't wait to see the ooma grow to an even bigger thing.
One more note, I almost recommended the Magic Jack to family to realize there was no nearby numbers for them, ooma i verified so far that anyone I would like to recommend it to, would have anearby number!
#4730 by murphy
Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:41 pm
Just to keep the record straight, MagicJack does provide caller ID to the connected telephone. It doesn't provide the name but it does provide the number. The problem is that many telephones need a 100 Kohm resistor connected across the phone line to make it work.
#4734 by jmassimilla
Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:30 pm
In the 2 months that I've been with Ooma, I couldn't be happier with the service. I wish that I had found out about them before I signed on with Vonage. The arrogant, non-caring attitude of their customer service (I had an issue and the rep actually told me that if I didn't like it, he could connect me with someone who could disconnect my service) killed that relationship in a little over a month. Unfortunately, it cost me but it was worth it to get rid of them. Hang in there, Ooma! I'm with you for the long haul!
#4780 by ydnar723
Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:45 pm
murphy- thank you for pointing that out, I did not last long as a Magicjack user. When i discovered the caller ID was not working I did speak with support with regards to the three types of phones I tried and advised them caller ID did not work. They then told me that caller ID worked only on the softphone and the caller ID information was not sent to handsets or caller ID boxes.
Not the entire reason why I disliked the Magic Jack, again the idea behind it is good, but they don't seem to be taking off very quickly.
But thank you for making mention of it, always a good idea to set the record straight!