Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#44734 by jstaso
Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:29 pm
My cell phone can be set to forward calls to my ooma number when it is shut off. When I use this feature together with the ooma multi ring, my cell phone records a voice mail with the ooma message "press one to answer".

Could ooma be programmed to not record a message when getting a forwarding message at the same time?
#44741 by Groundhound
Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:27 pm
jstaso wrote:My cell phone can be set to forward calls to my ooma number when it is shut off. When I use this feature together with the ooma multi ring, my cell phone records a voice mail with the ooma message "press one to answer".

Could ooma be programmed to not record a message when getting a forwarding message at the same time?

Most here want "press 1" to be optional, and it has been requested many times to make it so - hopefully it will be so in the not-to-distant future. But your description makes it sound like you are forwarding your cell phone to your Ooma and then loop it back to your cell phone? Hmmm, maybe that's why they set up the "press 1" thing to begin with..... :P