Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#44657 by gk4
Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:50 pm
It would be cool to have an ooma lounge plugin for firefox. A browser icon that could tell me if I have voicemail, then when I click on the icon it would open the lounge webpage. This would be great PR for the open source and firefox community. The open source community loves free, so ooma voip would be a perfect product for them. :-)
#44727 by Leeway
Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:33 pm
I agree with you, it would be cool.

Why don't you go and post the same information in the Mozilla forums? Maybe someone will grab it and create the plugin.

Donna
#44757 by allo
Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:32 pm
Very unlikely... for one to see if there is a voice mail, he/she has to enter/sign in: ID + Password, like an email log in!
One can stay logged in if it wants to monitor VM... or to forward the call to Google Voice... and configure GV to ring as many phone numbers as one wants when there is a call!
#48174 by gk4
Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:09 pm
Alternatively, OOMA could provide a POP3 interface to the Lounge for existing mail notifiers to get a list of voice mails.
#48196 by Davesworld
Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 pm
Why POP3? Am I the only one here who uses, has heard of and knows the merits of IMAP versus POP? POP seems a bit dated to me and almost useless. If the hard drive on the computer you downloaded to dies, your mail is gone forever unless you choose the leave it on server option but even then it's only halfway there to what IMAP can do. With IMAP you can be on any os on any computer and whatever is in your folders is on the server and email is managed from the server. Most have a web interface as well for when you can't get to one of your own computers. You can also upload messages from one imap account to another easily.

Any POP accounts I am encumbered with such as my ISP, I simply have forwarded to my main IMAP account but inline without looking like a forwarded email. I was one who signed the petition a few years back to have Google offer IMAP.
#48200 by mthomtech
Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 pm
I thought my wife was the only one still using POP email :)

I agree, when IMAP is free, I wouldn't want to go back to POP.
#48206 by Davesworld
Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:13 pm
mthomtech wrote:I thought my wife was the only one still using POP email :)

I agree, when IMAP is free, I wouldn't want to go back to POP.

Her and my sisters, one I set up her gmail for imap when I was working on her Vista laptop.
#48337 by gk4
Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:17 am
Okay, I recant my suggestion regarding POP, and I agree IMAP would be better. :-)

It seems folks are in agreement that it would be a good idea to have an ooma plugin for firefox. Who do we need to speak to at OOMA.com to get the particulars on how to HTTP or IMAP query our inbox messages?
#69006 by murphy
Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:32 am
IMAP would require Ooma to install an exchange server.
I seriously doubt that will happen.