Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#44056 by ruprik
Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:35 am
This was stolen from another post but wasn't an obvious feature request:

For anonymous numbers that are blocked (and not already on a specific blocked or community blocked list) offer Ooma users the option of having the caller authenticate themselves by prompting the caller to enter their direct-dial phone number to confirm that it is a real caller and not an automated dialing system. The phone number doesn't have to be verifiable - legitimate callers would have no issue with providing it and others would probably hang up (the desired result). Even better, you could call the person back on the number provided and confirm their intent before then reconnecting them with the Ooma user.
#52795 by securesocket
Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:19 pm
This feature would be great. My employer does not provide Caller ID information when we place outgoing calls, so anytime I call my Ooma at home, it gets blocked when I have anonymous call blocking enabled.

Qwest gives a message, and then asks the caller to supply their 10-digit "source" phone number or hangup.

This would be a great feature addition!
#52799 by southsound
Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:32 pm
securesocket wrote:This feature would be great. My employer does not provide Caller ID information when we place outgoing calls, so anytime I call my Ooma at home, it gets blocked when I have anonymous call blocking enabled.

Qwest gives a message, and then asks the caller to supply their 10-digit "source" phone number or hangup.

This would be a great feature addition!

Another ooma user had that same problem with his employer - in this case, a law enforcement agency that blocked the outgoing number. Unfortunately, he was unable to receive important calls from work and still use the anonymous call block enabled.

We solved the problem for him in a rather easy way. He got a Google Voice number for his work to call. It forwarded to his ooma number, but in the GV settings, you can have the call send the GV caller id instead of the blocked CID. When his office calls his GV number, it rings through on his ooma just fine - and he still is able to keep sales calls, etc. blocked. GV is free and makes and exellent additiion to your ooma system.