Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#43278 by GUY
Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:59 am
I'm a brand new user. My home office line was just ported over yesterday. Prior to purchasing ooma I talked with ooma support and they assured me that 800 numbers won't work through ooma. However, after my porting was complete, I called my 800 number and it's working. Here's the deal... my landline for my home office was through Qwest but my long distance and 800 number service is through Sprint. They send me a separate bill each month for long distance and calls coming into my 800 number. So the 800 number was attached to my landline number which was ported over to ooma and the 800 number is still working. The only thing I don't know yet is whether Sprint will still try to charge me for long distance calls going out through ooma. If not, I'm a happy camper, and I'm excited that my 800 number is still working. :D
#43303 by murphy
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 am
I assume that your Sprint 800 number is forwarded to your regular number so you will still receive those calls since you are paying Sprint to handle them. Outgoing calls are placed over Ooma and have nothing to do with your 800 number.